Exciting Job Opportunity: We are looking for a Business Administrator Apprentice
Posted 28th August 2020
This vacancy is reserved for people who have experienced being in care.
Do you have a desire to make a difference to the lives of young people in, and leaving care? The National House Project Charity is looking to recruit an apprentice to join their growing team, to provide business administrative support and enrich the charity’s understanding of the care experience journey.
Weekly wage: £238.65
Working week: Monday – Friday (occasional weekend work) 37 hours
Location: Crewe (onsite college assessments/reviews)
Business Administration level 3 – advanced level apprenticeship
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Possible Start Date: 05/10/2020
- Learning and promoting the Charity’s vision and mission.
- General admin incl. emails, filing, printing, scanning, ordering stationary
- Assist with the management of staff travel and expenses.
- Manage, maintain and review IT systems and assist with minor technical support.
- Assist with the management of social media, marketing and campaigns.
- Input data and update records.
- Assist with a range for research activities.
- Schedule appointments and events, support and participate in meetings and training events.
- Communicate and interact with contacts either on the phone, digital platforms or in person.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Do any additional typing that may be required, including notes of meetings.
- Practice planning and + supporting with deadlines.
- To maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Undertaking training when necessary.
- Work on allocated projects as required.
Being ready for any other administrative tasks that are required.
You will be based at the National House Project office in Crewe, however you will have opportunities to travel to Local House Projects and attend meetings across the country.
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative
- The ability to form constructive working relationships with colleagues and communicate with a range of audiences
- Good organisational skills to be able to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate good attention to detail
- Commitment to completing the apprenticeship and obtaining a foral qualification
- Flexible, enjoy communicating at different levels
- Good sense of humour
- Good attitude towards work
- Team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
StoryFutures is a project run by the Royal Holloway University of London to innovate storytelling using immersive technology. Young people in the Warwickshire House Project are working with Avril (Virtual Reality Director) and Joel (Lecturer in Forensic Psychology) on the StoryFutures Project to explore the development of digital technology that could support young people leaving care.Read more
I’m Elizabeth Titley, newly appointed to the role of Fundraising and Partnerships Manager for The National House Project. My role is to develop income streams for the Charity from different sources including Trusts and grant-makers, major donors, individuals, corporates and the public. I hope that people will want to support us on our journey and will recognise that NHP is a fantastic cause.Read more